So, since this week is my birthday week, I thought it’d be fun to share a few things about me. While I share a lot on my blogs, there’re other things not many know, and there’re questions I’m repeatedly asked so I’ve tried to answer them below. Aaand, here we go:
- My (nick)name Tee came from my sister who’s 2years older than me. She couldn’t pronounce my full name so she shortened. I’ve been called that ever since I remember!
- I can’t stand butter or margarine on bread/sandwich/toast. AND I don’t “get” mushroom.
- As a child I loooved boiled eggs. Surprisingly, I also craved them when I was pregnant… And SO lil’ T loves them too!
- I had a crazy, unreasonable fear of the dark as a child. And as an adult, I still hate it! I’m happy to sleep with the light on IF I have to choose between a pitch black room and lights on! I guess I still need my night light, lol!
- My mum and I have the same birthday.
- I was a prefect in primary school. Not because I had outstanding(ish) leadership characteristics, but I was just quiet and well-behaved. Yes, hard for K-Man to believe, I know!
- I loved public speaking when I was younger (but I hate it as an adult). I actually recited a poem for our President when he once visited my hometown…
- My favourite age was 15. I don’t really know why but I think it’s coz I wasn’t young enough to be called a kid, but not old enough to be called an adult – being in-between was cool. AND I didn’t care much!
- I was very short as a kid. Always (I mean always) the smallest in my class. Till I turned 14 and I gained both weight and height! Now I’m considered tall…
- My favourite author, and I’ve read all his books is Sydney Sheldon. Jodi Picoult and Marian Keyes are competing for number 2.
- I don’t smoke. Never have and never will!
- I’m the youngest of two.
- My sister and I have a secret language. When we really need to discuss important/private matters and there‘re people around us, we switch to our language. It’s very private and no one has ever discovered.
- I hate buying things for full price. I love sales coz they save me tones of dough.
- One of the few celebrities I ever met face-to-face was the former Prime Minister of New Zealand, John Key. Even got a photo with him, which went viral at my workplace!! Let’s just say, I have connections. [chuckle]
- Of all things in the world, my body chose to be allergic to beetroot! Lucky I don’t even think about it, except when I get asked, “are you allergic to anything?” … So, please don’t speak ill of me when I pass on those beetroot sammies.
- I easily get bored SO I’m always looking for the next interesting thing to spark my curiosity.
- I’m sociable, and love to network BUT I keep my circle of friends small. Loyalty and trust are important to me. It’s not a numbers game.
- I come from a long line of business owners. It’s no surprise I’ve always been business-minded!
- If I was stuck in a desert and had to choose 1 food item, it’d be avocado! I just can’t get enough of them.
- My favourite role in life is being a mother. Nothing else can measure up!
- I dislike checking voice mail messages. If you miss me on phone, I prefer you text or email! That’s what I usually do!
- Sometimes, I talk to myself. A habit that came with being a mum – you know how they encourage you to talk to your little ones from birth?
- My favourite place is the beach. The ocean itself is my happy place, I find solace when I take a walk there. In fact, I may have met an angel there once!
- My favourite meal is salmon. I like it grilled with anything nice on the side.
Well, what else is there to tell? You have it all! Hope this was fun to read.
PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT YOU! I’d love to know some random facts about you too. I find it funny and intriguing to read what people find random about themselves. So hope you can take a moment to comment below. xo.