If you read my previous post, you’ll know I was beyond thrilled to be nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! Well, this time I’m excited to be nominated for yet another award, the Sunshine Blogger Award. Secretly I’m telling myself this must be similar to being nominated for an Emmy and an Oscar OR Grammy and MTV, [chuckle].
Anyway, before I get into the “famous” speech (lol, NOT), I’d like to give a big shout out to Norishini of A Sweet Hint of Blush for nominating little old me! It’s always exciting to be recognized for something you love. If you don’t know A Sweet Hint of Blush, it’s a lifestyle blog that provides simple and sweet day-to-day inspirations – beautiful right!
And before I accept this award, I have to answer questions asked by Norishini. So without wasting much time, here’re my answers:
Nominator questions and my answers
- What is the purpose of your blog?
To share stuff I see fit/relevant. I don’t target specific areas/topics coz I don’t want to restrict myself and I believe anything that might benefit someone should be shared as long as it’s done appropriately.
- How did you find out it was time to start your own blog?
I’ve always loved writing (I keep a journal) but life got on the way over the last few years which meant I was writing less BUT learning more. That’s when I realised I needed to chuck the (private) journal and start a blog. And here I am – haven’t regretted it since!
- Do you plan on making new friends through your blog? If no, why not?
I’ve already made lots of friends through my blog and I love it!
- What are your hopes and dreams for your blog’s future?
I started this blog to share stuff I think/see/hear. AND also to create a platform for other people to share too. The dream hasn’t changed.
- Which other activity(ies) are precious to you other than blogging?
Spending time with family – it’s such an activity! [lol], but I love it.
Travel – I’m always quietly planning my next holiday destination coz I like to go places that are interesting!
- What is your favorite song?
I always have a few but I’ll say one of the few at the mo is Let It Go by James Bay. Don’t ask me why I love it but I just do!
- Are you a bookworm?
Ex-bookworm! I used to read lots of books when I was young. My dad travelled lots and he picked up books everywhere he went. Funny enough I used to read them even when they were boring coz they had nice covers and all. I remember reading about Henry Kissinger at a very young age [chuckle].
- Which is your favorite flower?
Rose – white rose to be specific. I’ll take a bouquet of white roses anytime, whether I’m sad or happy, they’re beautiful!
- Did you have someone who showed you a lot of support when you were starting your blog? If so, who?
My family – Tasha and her daddy are my biggest fans. Tasha almost always disturbs when I’m writing (her unique way of showing support), and her daddy reads all posts and emails a comment – it’s sooo encouraging!
- Do you make lists to get stuff done?
Yep! I like to be organized so I use lists to ensure I get things done. BUT I’m not as rigid as some may be. I’m flexible when needs be!
- Which blog topic(s) do you find you love the most?
I love most topics to be honest but I think I’m drawn to lifestyle, self improvement, beauty and fashion blogs.
SO as for my nominations, … [drum roll please]
- Theresa Marie Daily
- Virtuous Mama
- Adea’s Narrative
- Moma Thrift
- Simply Apostolia
- Mom Always Knows
- Purdie Makes 6
- The Mo-Mo Talk
- This Grateful Mama
- Strictly Unstructured
Congratulations nominees! You all deserve this.
My 11 Questions for you nominees
- What made you start your blog?
- What’s your most favourite post you’ve written?
- What are your top 3 hobbies?
- If you were to name one person as your favourite person, who would they be AND WHY?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- If you were to eat one food item for the rest of your life, what would that be?
- Who did you look up to growing up, and why?
- What’s your biggest wish in life?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What are you most proud of in your life?
- What’s been your favorite holiday destination so far?
And please don’t forget the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you (me).
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Easy peasy right?! Now, time to spread some love and sunshine. Can’t wait to read all your answers!
Readers, please share your comments/thoughts below.